with Maui Gold Pineapple Salsa and Poblano Creme Fraiche
This is one of our favorite recipes, which was developed in collaboration with the culinary arts program at the Maui Culinary Academy.
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lb shredded peppered Monterey jack cheese
- 1 c. diced Maui Gold Pineapple
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. diced red bell pepper
- 1 t. minced serrano chili
- 2 t. minced cilantro
- 1 t. minced mint
- 1 t. fresh lime juice
- 1 small roasted, peeled and pureed poblano
- 1/2 c. creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 t. minced garlic
Here are a few more of our favorite pineapple recipes:
• Grilled Pineapple and Nutella by Giada de Laurentis
• Pineapple Upside-Down Cake by Paula Deen
If you’re looking to cut down on gluten or traditional carbs, check out cassava tortillas. They tend to stay together a little better than some other kinds of gluten-free tortillas.
- Protein 65% 65%
- Carbs 25% 25%
- Fat 10% 10%
Step by Step Instructions
Prep time: 20 minutes – serves 4
Heat skillet to medium. Brush tortillas with olive oil and place into skillet. Top each tortilla with 1/4th of the mozzarella and Monterey jack cheeses and cook over medium heat until the tortillas are brown and crisp, and the cheeses are melted. 3 minutes. Transfer the quesadillas to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the Maui Gold Pineapple Salsa.
In a small mixing bowl, combine and stir the diced Pineapple, bell peppers, serano chili, cilantro, minted lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve. In a small mixing bowl combine the pureed poblano chile, creme fraiche and garlic. Season with salt to taste.
Remove quesadillas from the oven and transfer to a plate. Top with the Maui Gold Pineapple Salsa and pobalano creme fraiche. Serve immediately.